Today a large number of people around the world are turning to organic and natural products, as these products are safer and less toxic to use compared to commercial and industrial products available in stores.
You can prepare shampoo, toothpaste, and natural scrubs at home, as well as now you can even prepare natural soap with natural and safe ingredients that have no side effects.
Here in this article, natural ways to prepare healthy soap at home.
Soap making is a very simple science, all you need are some basic ingredients and your favorite fragrances and you will get natural soap very simply, easily and conveniently.
Here are many types of natural soap and how to prepare it:
1. Calendula Flowers & Sweet Almond Oil Soap:
Calendula flower oil is well-known for treating very dry and damaged skin, and almond oil is another ingredient in this recipe and is a rich source of vitamin E, and makes your soap nourishing and moisturizing your skin from the depths.
- 2 ounces calendula flower petals
- 32 ounces rice bran oil
- 16 ounces sweet almond oil
- 16 ounces of coconut oil
- 13.5 ounces of castor oil
- 13.5 oz of palm oil
- 7.15 oz of sodium hydroxide solution
- 20 ounces of distilled water
- earthenware bowl
- Wooden or acrylic soap molds
- plastic containers
- stainless steel bowl
- The first and most important step in making this soap is the preparation of calendula oil.
- Combine one and a half ounces of calendula petals along with 26.50 ounces of rice bran oil in a crock pot.
- If you don’t have a crock pot, you can add these ingredients to your regular cooking pot and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Leave the calendula petals on low heat with rice bran oil for 1-2 hours.
- Then leave the calendula with rice bran oil aside to cool.
- Now to prepare the sodium hydroxide solution for making soap you need to wear gloves and then add the sodium hydroxide in a plastic container.
- Add distilled water to it.
- Make sure that you prepare this solution in a well-ventilated area because it releases some fumes.
- After a few minutes, the fumes will subside and this is a sign that the solution is ready.
- Use the thermometer in this solution to check that the temperature is at the desired level, which is around 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If the temperature reaches this temperature, set it aside.
- Now take a stainless steel bowl and add oils like rice bran oil, sweet almond oil, castor oil, coconut oil and palm oil in the bowl.
- Put the cooking pot on low heat, and allow the oils to melt and come together well.
- Take the oil containing calendula and add it to the same cooking pot.
- Leave it on low heat for an hour until the yellow color turns golden.
- Filter the oil to remove the calendula petals.
- Combine the solution and the mixed oil.
- Pour this solution into soap molds, cover the molds with plastic wrap and keep aside.
- Soap takes shape after 24 hours.
- After 24 hours the soap will be frozen in the mold and feel firm.
- Take a template and use it.
2. Fresh Citrus Soap:
Looking for ways to make soap that smells fresh, try this recipe that uses fresh mint, rosemary, lemon, and orange.
All these ingredients are known to be a great source of Vitamin C and contain beneficial properties for the skin.
- 10 pieces of ready-made glycerine soap
- 3/2 tablespoon of fresh mint
- 2-3 tablespoons of rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon of orange peel
- 1 tablespoon of lemon peel
- glass vase
- soap molds
- First put the glycerin soap blocks in a glass bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds or until it melts and keep it aside.
- On the other hand, add fresh mint and rosemary leaves in a blender and mash it well.
- Transfer these leaves onto a paper towel and squeeze out the excess water.
- Now add the fresh mint, and the mashed rosemary into the melted glycerine soap solution.
- Add orange peel and lemon in the same soap mixture and stir well.
- Pour this mixture into soap molds and cover it with plastic wrap.
- And later put it in the refrigerator for 40-50 minutes.
- This soap should be used within 3-4 months.
3. Spice and Coffee Soap:
Are you looking for some unusual soap making recipes, this recipe is one of the new and wonderful methods that you must try.
The ingredients in this recipe are easily available in the kitchen as this soap contains ingredients like cinnamon, cloves and ginger as a perfect natural source of fragrance.
Essential oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, and castor oil contain a high amount of moisturizing for the skin and have nourishing properties.
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tea spoon of cloves
- 1 tablespoon of ground coffee
- 2 ounces of lemon oil
- 12 ounces of olive oil
- 6 ounces palm oil
- 2 ounces of castor oil
- 10 ounces of coconut oil
- 4.30 oz of sodium hydroxide
- 10 ounces of coffee
- mixing bowl
- stainless steel bowl
- plastic containers
- Take a plastic bowl and add cold coffee in it.
- Now in this bowl add sodium hydroxide and make sure to wear gloves while preparing this lye solution, making sure that it is completely dissolved in the coffee.
- Keep this solution aside until it cools down.
- Take a stainless steel cooking pot and put it on a low heat.
- Add the oils except lemon oil and leave them until they melt and mix well together by stirring.
- Once these oils are melted and well mixed together, add the previously brewed coffee solution.
- Keep stirring it for 2-3 minutes.
- Later add ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves and ground coffee.
- Continue stirring for another 3-4 minutes or until it turns into a thick candy consistency.
- Put it on low heat for another 40-50 minutes or an hour.
- Remove from heat, add lemon oil, and stir well again until well incorporated.
- Now using a spoon pour this mixture into the soap molds.
- Keep this mold aside for at least 24 hours to harden.
This recipe is suitable for beginners who have no idea how to make soap.
4. Oatmeal and Honey Soap:
Oatmeal, as we all know, acts as a natural exfoliator for the skin which helps in getting rid of dead skin cells, revealing youthful and supple skin.
Honey is a natural antiseptic and moisturizer for the skin, and mixing these ingredients together gives the best nourishment to the skin, especially in winter.
- ¾ cup of unscented soap
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
- ¼ cup of oatmeal
- 1 tea spoon of almond oil
- ¼ cup of water
- Stainless steel cooking pot
- soap bars
- In the bowl, add the grated soap.
- Now add water to it and leave the soap until it dissolves well with the water over low heat.
- Do not stir this mixture because it can form bubbles that we do not want during the soap making process.
- When the grated soap dissolves well it is removed from the heat and added in the oatmeal, almond oil, and honey.
- Pour this mixture into soap molds and cover with plastic wrap.
- Put it in the fridge until it freezes.
- Once the soap has solidified, it can be removed from the molds.
- This soap nourishes dry skin as it contains almond oil and honey which are known for their skin moisturizing properties.
Some important and useful advice:
Make sure to wear safety equipment when using sodium hydroxide because it is caustic in nature.
Lubricate the soap molds with Vaseline or cooking oil spray before adding the soap mixture to make it easier to remove from the molds.
Remember to measure all items before working on soap recipes.
It is best to use silicone molds for soap making because they are easy to use.